What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files downloaded onto your computer/device by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to add to or develop website functionality, as well as to gather data of website users. A cookie often contains a unique number, which can be used to recognise your computer when a user of your computer returns to a website that it visited previously.
The cookies we use and why:
- Cloudflare is a service used for the purposes of increasing the security and performance of web sites and services.
- https://www.cloudflare.com/privacypolicy/ https://www.cloudflare.com/website-terms/
- _cfduid – The Cloudflare cookie is used to override any security restrictions based on the IP address the visitor is coming from. It does not correspond to any user ID in the web application, nor does the cookie store any personally identifiable information.
- The Google Analytics cookies are used to gather anonymous information about how you use our websites. We use this information to improve our sites and report on the reach of our content.
- https://policies.google.com/privacy https://policies.google.com/terms
- _gat – This cookie is installed by Google Universal Analytics to throttle the request rate to limit the collection of data on high traffic sites.
- _gid – The Google Analytics cookies are used to gather anonymous information about how you use our websites. We use this information to improve our sites and report on the reach of our content.
- Collect – Used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor’s device and behaviour. Tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels.
- _ga – This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to calculate visitor, session, campaign data and keep track of site usage for the site’s analytics report. The cookies store information anonymously and assigns a randomly generated number to identify unique visitors.
- China Dialogue is an independent organisation dedicated to promoting a common understanding of China’s urgent environmental challenges.
- https://www.chinadialogue.net/en/privacy https://www.chinadialogue.net/en/cookies
- _chinadialogue_session – This cookie is used to display the correct forms.
- Google operates Google Ads, Display & Video 360, and Google Ad Manager. These services allow advertisers to plan, execute and analyze marketing programs with greater ease and efficiency, while enabling publishers to maximize their returns from online advertising. Note that you may see cookies placed by Google for advertising, including the opt out cookie, under the Google.com or DoubleClick.net domains.
- ads/ga-audiences – Used by Google AdWords to re-engage visitors that are likely to convert to customers based on the visitor’s online behaviour across websites.
- Twitter is a real-time information network that connects you to the latest stories, ideas, opinions and news about what you find interesting. Simply find the accounts you find compelling and follow the conversations.
- __atssc – This cookie is used for twitter integration.
- local_storage_support_test – The cookie is used in context with the local-storage function in the browser. This function allows the website to load faster by pre-loading certain procedures.
- Facebook is an online social networking service that enables its users to connect with friends and family as well as make new connections.
- LinkedIn is a business- and employment-oriented social networking service that operates via websites and mobile apps.